TV: League Pass
- Rockets guard Kevin Martin will miss his second game in a row Wednesday as he continues to battle a strained right shoulder. That means Courtney Lee, who spearheaded Houston’s comeback from an 11-point deficit by pouring in 11 points during the fourth quarter of Tuesday’s 104-103 win in Oklahoma City, will remain in the starting five for at least one more game.
- Rockets center Jordan Hill, who missed Tuesday’s game with the flu, is expected to rejoin to the rotation Wednesday. Hill will not play many minutes, as usual, but his availability will be helpful to veterans Luis Scola and Samuel Dalembert on the second night of a back-to-back set.
- Bobcats leading scorer Corey Maggette (back spasms) is a true game-time decision. Maggette missed the second half of Monday’s game against New Orleans with back spasms, and coach Paul Silas said his ailing small forward is going to “give it a try.” If Maggette is unable to play, Reggie Williams will replace him in the starting lineup.
- Charlotte forward/center Eduardo Najera (sore right knee) is listed as inactive for the second straight game.
- The Bobcats (6-34) are looking to win back-to-back games for the first time this season, following their 73-71 victory over New Orleans.
– Matt Miller