TV: NBA TV
- Cavaliers guard Daniel Gibson may miss the rest of the season with a torn tendon in his left foot and ankle. Gibson suffered a sprained ankle March 19 against the New Jersey Nets, but the condition hasn’t improved over the past eight days, according to coach Byron Scott. Gibson had an MRI, which showed the severity of the injury.
- Rookie guard Kyrie Irving leads all rookies in scoring (18.8) and ranks second in assists (5.6). For a player who was the No. 1 pick in the draft following just one season at Duke, Scott continues to be impressed. “He just keeps getting better,” Scott said. “He surprises us every now and then with some of the things he’s been doing.”
- The Cavaliers (17-29) have dropped three straight games.
- Andre Iguodala will miss his second consecutive game for the Sixers with patella tendinitis in his left knee. Iguodala also sat out Sunday’s loss at San Antonio. “I think ‘Dre is going to be OK,” coach Doug Collins said. “I think hopefully, he caught it in time.”
- Probable starters for the Sixers include Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Jodie Meeks, Elton Brand at forward and Spencer Hawes at center.
- After a 20-9 start, the Sixers are just 7-13. They remain tied for first place at 27-22 with the Boston Celtics in the Atlantic Division.
– Andy Jasner