- After watching the Dallas Mavericks receive their championship rings last year, the Heat will be on the opposite end tonight. The ring ceremony will take place about 40 minutes before tip-off. Miami lost by 42 to the Chicago Bulls after the ring ceremony in 2006.
- Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said he will continue to tinker with the rotation, but will stick with playing about 10 guys. Look for Rashard Lewis to fill most of the minutes at backup power forward.
- Centers Joel Anthony (hamstring) and Dexter Pittman (leg) will not play.
- Celtics coach Doc Rivers, guard Rajon Rondo and forwards Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce all said they have yet to speak with former teammate Ray Allen. Allen makes his debut for the Heat.
- Free agent pickup Courtney Lee will start at shooting guard for Boston.
- Rivers jokingly said the Celtics will watch the television show “Homeland” in the locker room while the Heat are receiving their rings.
- The Celtics will try to match the Heat’s “position-less” approach by playing smaller lineups at times. The return of Jeff Green should help. Green missed last season because of heart complications that required surgery.
- Guard Avery Bradley and rookie center Fab Melo are inactive for the Celtics.