TV: League Pass
- The Nets will be without forwards Gerald Wallace and Josh Childress, who are both nursing ankle injuries. Keith Bogans will start in place of Wallace.
- After watching the Nets blow a 22-point lead against the Minnesota Timberwolves, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said he could understand the early-season issues. Spoelstra said “ours (adjustment) took longer. “It seems like it took a lifetime for us when we were 9-8 that first month. Yet that first year we were able to put together a 21 out of 23 games [stretch] in December and early January. Then we went through some real highs and lows and peak and valleys the rest of the year.”
- Heat guard Ray Allen is shooting a team-high 60 percent from 3-point range. Allen said it’s been a product of him becoming more of a spot-up shooter because of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.
- James and Wade both discussed their sales pitches the Nets made to them during their free agency in 2010. James said he felt it was too early to commit to an organization still rebuilding. Wade echoed those sentiments.
- Nets coach Avery Johnson said the biggest challenge is defending James on the pick-and-roll.
– Shandel Richardson