TV: League Pass
- The Hornets’ Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers both will start after missing games with injuries. Davis was out two games with a mild concussion while Rivers sat for one game with a sprained index finger. Coach Monty Williams said this “settles the rotation for the guys.”
- New Orleans played Charlotte twice in the preseason and though the games didn’t count, they did give the Hornets an opportunity to scout the Bobcats. And they did get something out of it, learning some of the nuances of Charlotte’s game. “We’re prepared to deal with their trap,” Williams said. “Guys understand that we have to have great space and make good decisions with the ball.”
- Hornets starting lineup: Al-Farouq Aminu, Davis, Robin Lopez, Rivers, Greivis Vasquez.
- Bobcats starting center Brendan Haywood won’t play tonight as he’s dealing with an undisclosed family emergency. Second-year player Bismack Biyombo will play in Haywood’s place.
- Charlotte is forcing nearly six more turnovers than they’re committing, the largest differential in the NBA. The Bobcats’ average of 12 turnovers is tied for lowest in the league. Guard Kemba Walker is second in the NBA in assist-to-turnover ratio of 8-to-1.
- Bobcats starting lineup: Biyombo, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Byron Mullens, Jeff Taylor, Walker.
– Bradley Handwerger