TV: League Pass
- At 3-0, the Knicks enter as the lone undefeated team in the NBA. They haven’t been 4-0 since the 1993-94 season. “I think it’s big just because you want to start off the right way and regardless of how things go, I feel like this is a really good unique team,” Knicks C Tyson Chandler said Thursday of the 3-0 start. “Great personalities, great chemistry, there’s a great vibe around the team. I’m excited about this season, I think it’s going to be a really good one.”
- While its still early, the Mavs and Knicks rank second and third in points per game at 108.4 and 104.7, respectively. Defensively, the Knicks are the top team in the NBA in opponent points per game at 85.3. In three games, they have yet to give up more than 88 points.
- Marcus Camby will make his debut in his second go-round with the Knicks. Camby missed most of the preseason and the first three games with a sore calf. “Whatever is needed of me,” Camby said Thursday. “They haven’t needed me the first three ballgames so I just want to come in here and add to what we’ve already been building.”
- The Knicks will host a fundraiser to support the relief and rebuilding efforts for those affected by Hurricane Sandy during the game. The evening’s net proceeds, along with money raised through an online auction, will be split between the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City and the American Red Cross to assist those throughout the tri-state area who have been impacted by the storm.
- The Mavericks are still without three key pieces in Dirk Nowitzki (right knee surgery), Shawn Marion (sprained left MCL) and Elton Brand (personal reasons). Nowitzki is out at least another month after his surgery, Marion was scratched before Wednesday’s 109-104 home win over the Toronto Raptors and is due to be re-evaluated next week.
- On his frosty relationship with one-time Maverick and newly-acquired Knicks point guard Jason Kidd, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said, “It’s not even worth thinking about. He plays for the Knicks. I don’t care about the Knicks other than I wanna beat their ass like I do every other team.”
– Josh Newman and Adam Zagoria