TV: League Pass
- MarShon Brooks joins teammates Gerald Wallace and Josh Childress on the list of Nets who are sidelined by ankle injuries. Brooks, who came off the bench for 12 points Wednesday night, sustained “a freak accident this morning,” reported Nets coach Avery Johnson. “He stepped on (Andray) Blatches’ foot and twisted his ankle. He can’t go tonight; we’ll re-evaluate him tomorrow.”
- Wallace remains inactive for a third straight game and Childress has yet to play this season.
- Magic guard Jameer Nelson will miss a fourth straight game due to a strained right hamstring and groin. Magic coach Jacque Vaughn has not ruled Nelson out of Sunday’s rematch with the Nets.
- Magic rookie Maurice Harkless played 22 minutes in his first NBA game at Minnesota on Wednesday night after missing the first three games while recovering from sports-hernia surgery. Vaughn now faces the task of working the first-round draft choice (of the Philadelphia 76ers) into the rotation. “He came in and did some good things,” Vaughn said. “We will put him in a position where he can help our ball club and help himself develop at the same time. That’s our job.”
- NETS starters: Keith Bogans, Kris Humphries, Brook Lopez, Joe Johnson, Deron Williams.
- MAGIC starters: Josh McRoberts, Glen Davis, Nikola Vucevic, Arron Afflalo, E’Twaun Moore.
- The Magic have beaten the Nets 10 straight times and 17 out of 20. They will meet again Sunday afternoon in Brooklyn and still again on Nov. 30 in Orlando.
– Dick Scanlon