- The Jazz are 3-0 at home but 1-5 on the road.
- Utah will be without guards Earl Watson (right knee rehabilitation and evaluation) and Raja Bell.
- Center Al Jefferson has six double-doubles in the first nine games.
- Paul Millsap has knocked down eight of his 13 shots from beyond the arc (61.5 percent).
- The Sixers have dropped three in a row at home and seven of eight, dating to last season.
- Philadelphia has been outrebounded by a total of 36 in the last two games, home losses to the Bucks and Pistons. “This is one of those games where our big guys are really, really going to have to play well,” Sixers coach Doug Collins said.
- Kwame Brown will start at center for the Sixers for the second consecutive game, replacing Lavoy Allen.
- Injured Sixers center Andrew Bynum said before the game that he’s experiencing swelling in both knees and considered his rehab a “setback.” However, Bynum said returning to basketball-related activities on Dec. 10 is still his timetable.
– Andy Jasner