TV: League Pass
- The Hornets’ Anthony Davis will not play against the Knicks after suffering a stress reaction to his left ankle, an issue possibly connected to a sprain he previously sustained. Coach Monty Williams said Davis is day-to-day and that “it’s something we’re going to be cautious about.” Davis already has missed two games this season with a concussion.
- The Hornet waived guard Matt Carroll, whom the team received in a trade with the Charlotte Bobcats for forward Hakim Warrick on Nov. 13. Carroll never reported to the team and the move makes Carroll a free agent and keeps New Orleans’ roster at 13 players.
- Hornets expected starting lineup: forward Al-Farouq Aminu, forward Ryan Anderson, center Robin Lopez, guard Austin Rivers, guard Greivis Vasquez.
- New York committed just nine turnovers in its most recent game, the fifth time the Knicks have had fewer than 10 turnovers in a game this season. A season ago, the Knicks accomplished that only four times. New York’s opponent tonight forces on average 13 ½ turnovers per game while the Knicks average just 10.4 turnovers per game.
- Knicks expected starting lineup: forward Carmelo Anthony, forward Ronnie Brewer, center Tyson Chandler, guard Raymond Felton, guard Jason Kidd.
— Bradley Handwerger