- Interesting stats about tonight’s game: Per ESPN Stats & Info: It will be the first time since 1977 that the Nets have hosted the Knicks in New York state and the first time ever that both teams entered the matchup with a winning percentage above .600. The Nets’ 6-1 home record is the team’s best since an 18-1 start in 2002-03.
- According to the Knicks, Jason Kidd (back) will not play.
- Black and white cookies were sitting on many of the premium seats near the court as a gift for fans. Fans also received black “Battle of the Boroughs” tee shirts.
- Both locker rooms were rather quiet pregame. A sign of the massive media presence, the visitors locker room was as packed as it’s ever been – with Knicks players and press.
- Nets coach Avery Johnson dismissed the notion that Carmelo Anthony was operating as a power forward, noting that Ronnie Brewer played more like a power forward. Such logic would dictate that Kris Humphries and Reggie Evans will see time against Brewer as Gerald Wallace battles Anthony.
- Johnson noted that the Nets have performed better when they’ve gone away from the two-point guard lineup of C.J. Watson and Deron Williams. “But we’re not saying that tonight we won’t use it, if there’s a certain situation that we like it against,” he noted.
– Jake Appleman