TV: League Pass
- The Hawks will be without starting G Kyle Korver (back spasms) against the Cavaliers. Korver left the Hawks’ victory over the Bobcats early on Wednesday after his back stiffened and he missed practice on Thursday. “We’ve got a lot of guys who are banged up right now,” said coach Larry Drew. “It’s important we use the next few days (the Hawks don’t play again after tonight until next Wednesday against the Denver Nuggets) to let guys heal up.”
- Devin Harris will start in Korver’s place, and DeShawn Stevenson will also start for Atlanta. “We thought about going big to match up with Andy (Varejao), but ultimately decided to go with a smaller lineup,” said Drew.
- Anthony Morrow is a game-time decision for Atlanta with a left-quad contusion. Without Korver, Morrow would likely see increased playing time as a serious perimeter threat.
- The Hawks have a couple of streaks on the line tonight. Atlanta has won a league-best six-straight games, and have won seven straight against the Cavaliers overall.
- For Cleveland, it’s all about pace. “We know the Hawks want to push the pace,” said coach Byron Scott. “We just need to be deliberate. They like to get out and run off of turnovers, so we need to make sure we are careful with the ball and are getting 2-3 guys back on every possession.”
- Anderson Varejao looks to continue his impressive run of play. Varejao has strung together six straight double-doubles, and has had 15+ rebounds in each one. “Andy is a great offensive player,” said Scott. “He doesn’t need plays run for him, he just gets it done through hustle and determination.”
- PG Kyrie Irving remains out for Cleveland with a broken finger.
– Micah Hart