TV: League Pass
- The Hornets will make a lineup change for tonight’s game, inserting Xavier Henry in for Al-Farouq Aminu. Coach Monty Williams said, “We have to keep tweaking and showing our guys that this is a privilege to play in this league. We want guys [who] are going to play with a passion.”
- In six of the Hornets 12 losses, the opponent has scored an average of 30.6 points to their 15.3 in the third quarter. “We seem to start the second half with less force,” Williams said. “Maybe I need to shorten our film study [at halftime]. But it’s something we have to take care of.”
- Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins on the Hornets: “They play extremely hard. They defend as well as they can with the talent they have.”
- Memphis (13-3) owns the best record in the NBA going into tonight’s game after Wednesday night’s 108-98 OT victory against Phoenix, and certainly has the Hornets’ undivided attention. “They’re playing playoff basketball right now,” Williams noted. “They have a number of guys who are playing at an All-Star level.”
- Memphis guard Tony Allen will start tonight, though he continues to be bothered by a strained right groin.