TV: League Pass
- Anthony Morrow will get his first start of the season at small forward for the Hawks, who are giving DeShawn Stevenson (and his sore knees) the night off. “I just had to make a decision on which game we wanted to sit him, and I elected to sit him tonight,” said coach Larry Drew. “There may be one or two other guys we’ll have to do the exact same with.”
- Kyle Korver, who has missed Atlanta’s last five games with back spasms, will play tonight. Drew said he will limit Korver’s minutes to no more than 20.
- The Hawks have won nine off 11, including an 81-72 decision against the Magic in Atlanta on Nov. 19.
- The Magic have lost seven straight to the Hawks during the regular season, and the most points Orlando has generated in the first four quarters of any of those games is 82. “In out first game (against the Hawks) our defense was actually pretty good. Offensively we couldn’t put the ball in the hole,” said coach Jacque Vaughn. “That’s our challenge tonight — to put some points on the board and hope our defense will hold up.”
- Coming off a 3-2 West Coast swing, the Magic will be playing their first home game in 12 days.
- Hawks lineup: Morrow, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Devin Harris, Jeff Teague.
- Magic lineup: Maurice Harkless, Glen Davis, Nikola Vucevic, Arron Afflalo, Jameer Nelson.
– Dick Scanlon