TV: NBA TV
- Bulls point guard Derrick Rose practiced in the non-contact part of practice for the first time this season on Thursday. “It’s going to be a while,” Bulls coach coach Tom Thibodeau said before Friday morning’s shootaround, according to ESPNChicago.com. “He’s just got to go step by step. This is all the normal course of his rehab, he’s doing fine.” Thibodeau added before the game: “You can never replace a guy like Derrick individually. We have to do it collectively. We have a lot of guys stepping up and playing well. Our bench is coming around for us and for us, we know we have to defend, rebound and share the ball. If we do that, we’ll have a chance to win.”
- Rip Hamilton (torn plantar fascia in left foot) is out. Taj Gibson (right ankle) is active.
- Knicks forward Amar’e Stoudemire practiced Thursday with the D-League Erie BayHawks but it is unclear when he will make his season debut. Knicks coach Mike Woodson did not rule out that he might play Sunday. “I’m gonna sit and probably have a long talk with him [Saturday] morning when I get into the office,” Woodson said, “to kind of map out and see where he is.”
- Steve Novak (flu-like symptoms) will play after sitting Wednesday, and Rasheed Wallace and Marcus Camby are both out (sore left feet).
- The Knicks have won five-of-six and 10-of-12 and are 11-1 at home. The Bulls have won three of four and six of eight.
- The Knicks’ starters will be point guard Raymond Felton, shooting guard Jason Kidd, small forward Ronnie Brewer, Carmelo Anthony at power forward and center Tyson Chandler.
- The Bulls start Kirk Hinrich, Marco Belinelli, Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah.
– Adam Zagoria