TV: League Pass
- Goran Dragic was questionable for tonight’s game, but he will try to give it a go. He sustained a hip contusion after being on the receiving end of a flagrant foul on December 26 against New York. He is leading the Suns in minutes, scoring, assists, and steals.
- As his last two games illustrate, Kevin Love has been up and down this season. After getting 28 points, 11 rebounds, and seven assists in a December 20th victory over Oklahoma City, he was held to seven points on 3-for-14 shooting and turned over the ball five times in a December 26th loss to Houston.
- Minnesota guard Brandon Roy has suffered a setback in his attempt to get back into the lineup. He had hoped to be able to play in tonight’s game, but reports were that he is now considering retirement. However, in a pre-game interview, Minnesota GM David Kahn announced that Roy will seek additional treatment in an effort to get his knees feeling as good as they did in preseason.
- Andrei Kirilenko needs two steals to reach 1,000 for his career, 11 rebounds for 4,000, and 12 assists for 2,000.
- Phoenix has defeated Minnesota in their last six games at Target Center. But they are currently on a four game losing streak and they have dropped their last seven road games.
- Minnesota is 6-5 in the month of December and is looking for their first winning December since going 8-6 in 2004.
– Jim Beilby