TV: League Pass
- Hornets guard Greivis Vasquez earned the Western Conference Player of the Week honor for this past week after averaging 21 points, 10 assists, 6.3 rebounds and 1.7 steals in three games. But lest he get too confident after the week, New Orleans coach Monty Williams spoke with the young player and told him to treat it like a win. “You enjoy it for a few hours and then you’ve got to move on, especially with an individual award during the season.,” Williams said.
- The Hornets’ Eric Gordon will again come off the bench in his second game back with the team after extensive rehabilitation kept him out of the first 29 games this season. Williams said the key is bringing him along slowly. “We just want to be smart,” Williams said. “At the same time, the competitive dog comes out and you want to win. But my responsibility to the team and the organization trumps all of that in this situation because you want to make sure he’s right.”
- Expected Hornets starters: (F) Anthony Davis; (F) Lance Thomas; (C) Robin Lopez; (G) Austin Rivers; (G) Vasquez.
- Hawks’ forward Josh Smith will start again, coming back from a strained hip flexor injury. Atlanta coach Larry Drew said there won’t be any limitations on Smith after he played 23 minutes Monday night. “I think he did have limitations last night and he came through it and felt fine so we’re pretty much going to let him go tonight.” Drew said.
- Tonight marks the final game in a stretch for Atlanta that includes four games in four different cities in five nights. Drew said the team is a little tired, but that his team needs “to suck it up.” He added, “This is where you have to roll your sleeves up and gut it out.”
- Expected Hawks starters: (F) Kyle Korver; (F) Smith; (C) Al Horford; (G) Lou Williams; (G) Jeff Teague