TV: League Pass
- Charlotte guard Ben Gordon makes his return to The Palace after three seasons with the Pistons. Gordon is averaging 13.4 points and had 27 in a loss to Cleveland Friday. “I think he’s lived up to his billing,” Bobcats coach Mike Dunlap said. “We certainly need his scoring and he has the view of a veteran in our locker room. That’s helped our young guys a lot.”
- The Bobcats have lost 19 of 20 but their last two defeats were by a combined five points. “When you have long losing streaks, which I know something about, there’s always going to be a couple of games where, if you win those games, it maybe changes a little bit of what goes on,” Pistons coach Lawrence Frank said.
- Detroit’s bench is averaging 52.4 points in the last seven games. It has won six of those games. “The difference from the early days and now is their bench is dynamic,” Dunlap said. “Their young guys are playing better. I like the fact they have power in their game with that second unit.”
- Pistons forward Corey Maggette, who played for the Bobcats last season, is not feeling well and will likely sit out, according to Frank.
- Charlotte forward Hakim Warrick (flu-like symptoms) was a late scratch.
– Dana Gauruder