TV: League Pass
- Knicks guard Iman Shumpert has been cleared to play after missing the entire season so far while recovering from an ACL injury. He could play Thursday against the Detroit Pistons in London. “He’s been cleared,” Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Saturday. “He’ll practice on Monday and if we get the two practices in, for sure one in London, and there’s no setback, he will be cleared, probably, to play in the Detroit game.” He added: “Just to have him back in uniform will be nice.”
- Marcus Camby (strained left plantar fascia) and Rasheed Wallace (stress reaction) remain out for the Knicks.
- The Knicks will start Jason Kidd, James White, Chris Copeland, Carmelo Anthony (at the four) and Tyson Chandler. “I’m going to move [Anthony] back to four today and just see how it goes,” Woodson said.
- Amar’e Stoudemire’s minutes “can be increased” to be “between 25 and 30,” Woodson said. “We’ll try to get his minutes up today,” he added.
- Woodson said the team will either practice once or twice in London before playing the Detroit Pistons on Thursday. “I like to practice, that’s just me as a coach,” he said. “We just gotta deal with their time [London] and do what we do.”
- The Hornets on Saturday sent former Kentucky standout Doron Lamb to the NBA D-League.
- New Orleans is expected to start Greivis Vasquez, Eric Gordon, Al-Farouq Aminu, Anthony Davis and Robin Lopez.
- New Orleans has won four in a row. “This team we’re playing tonight is pretty good,” Woodson said of the Hornets.
- The Knicks have lost three straight and eight-of-13.
– Adam Zagoria