TV: League Pass
- Injured Thunder forward Serge Ibaka participated in parts of his team’s shootaround this morning and warmed up on the court before the game. OKC head coach Scott Brooks told reporters Ibaka will be back in the Thunder lineup tonight after missing a couple of games with a chest bruise. Brooks said he’s not planning to limit Ibaka’s minutes tonight but, “we’ll see how he feels during the game.” Last season Ibaka averaged six blocks in three games against Denver. The only triple-double of Ibaka’s career came against the Nuggets last season when he had 11 blocks to go along with 14 points and 15 rebounds.
- Nuggets backup forward Wilson Chandler will be rested tonight. Head coach George Karl told reporters in the back hallway that Corey Brewer will likely get most of Chandler’s minutes tonight.
- Both teams come in hot…after beating Portland last night the Nuggets have now won six straight and eight of the last 10. Oklahoma City has won four in a row and nine of the last 11.
- Both teams are also among the Top Five offenses in the NBA. Oklahoma City is second in scoring at 105.2 point per game and tied for third in shooting percentage at 47.8. The Nuggets are fifth in both scoring (102.7) and shooting percentage (46.5). The teams are so similar Thunder forward Kevin Durant said before the game the Nuggets remind him of his own team, “yeah they do, they play off their defense, get their hands on the ball, get steals and it seems like everytime they get in transition they score. So we can’t give those guys easy points.”
- Tonight’s game is the Thunder’s only one at home in a span of almost three weeks. The team just returned from a three-game road trip and will leave tomorrow on a six-game, 10-day trip (the longest road trip since the Sonics re-located to OKC).
– Randy Renner