- For the Clippers, Chris Paul remains out with a bone bruise on his right knee. Chauncey Billups, who has left foot problems, remains out as well. “Chauncey is feeling better, but there is no timetable” for his return, coach Vinny Del Negro said.
- Starting again for Paul will be Eric Bledsoe, who shot 5-for-16 in a loss at Oklahoma City Tuesday. “We’re going to need him to play well tonight,” Del Negro said.
- Grant Hill has played in six games since his return. He is averaged 4.3 points and 2.2 rebounds.
- For the Suns, backup center Jermaine O’Neal remains out for undisclosed reasons.
- This will be the home debut for new Suns coach Lindsey Hunter, who won his first game (at Sacramento Tuesday night). Crowd reaction will be worth watching, as fans have expressed disappointment that assistant coach (and playing legend) Dan Majerle was passed over for Hunter, who has no coaching experience. Hunter had been in charge of player development for the Suns. Majerle and lead assistant Elston Turner left the organization after they were bypassed.
- “It’s at a different level, but it’s basically the same thing,” said Hunter, who has coached youth basketball.
– Mike Tulumello