TV: League Pass
- The Hornets have scored at least 100 points in four of their past six games after accomplishing that in just seven of their first 37 games. Coach Monty Williams said he’s still more concerned with what the other team is doing. “You know me – I’m more concerned with cutting down their possessions,” Williams said.
- In the Hornets’ most recent home game on Monday against Sacramento, Ryan Anderson came off the bench and hit seven 3-pointers, becoming just the fourth player in franchise history to hit that many treys after coming off the bench..
- Expected Hornets starters: (F) Al-Farouq Aminu; (F) Anderson; (C) Robin Lopez; (G) Eric Gordon; (G) Greivis Vasquez
- The Rockets have lost eight of their past nine games, a stretch that comes after the team won 10-of-12 games. The current run began on Jan. 9 in New Orleans, when Houston lost 88-79 after being outscored by 19 points in the fourth quarter.
- Through Jan. 23, guard James Harden was fifth in the NBA in scoring at 25.8 points per game. He’s also seventh in the NBA in steals per game at 1.88.
- Expected Rockets starters: (F)Chandler Parsons; (F)Patrick Patterson; (C) Omer Asik; (G) Harden; (G) Jeremy Lin
– Bradley Handwerger