TV: League Pass
- This is the last of four meetings this season. The Magic won twice in November, but the Pistons won 105-90 Tuesday night in Detroit in a game in which Arron Afflalo went scoreless in 38 minutes. “Our approach will be the same,” said Magic coach Jacque Vaughn. “He’s played the most minutes for us this year, he’s our leading scorer. We won’t change anything.”
- Afflalo is the leading scorer in this game. His 17.0 scoring average ranks 31st in the NBA. Greg Monroe, whose 15.6 average leads the Pistons, averaged 19.7 in his first three games against Orlando.
- The Magic had all 15 players at practice on Saturday for the first time. Asked how it felt, Vaughn remarked: “Crowded.”
- Orlando has lost nine straight games against losing teams. Since Dec. 19, the Magic’s only victories have come against the L.A. Clippers and Indiana. “On nights when they’re at a high level defensively, that’s when they’ve had some very, very impressive wins,” said Pistons coach Lawrence Frank.
- In their first 28 games, the Magic gave up 94.4 points per game and their opponents shot 43.8. They were 12-16. In 14 games since then, Magic opponents average 107.8 points while shooting .486, and the Magic are 2-12.
- Pistons lineup: Tayshaun Prince, Jason Maxiell, Monroe, Kyle Singler, Brandon Knight.
- Magic lineup: Afflalo, Glen Davis, Nikola Vucevic, J.J. Redick, Jameer Nelson.
– Dick Scanlon