TV: League Pass
- Nuggets reserve center JaVale McGee is out tonight with discomfort in his left shin. A CT scan performed earlier Monday did not indicate a stress fracture but McGee will undergo an MRI on Tuesday morning to further rule out a fracture. McGee is averaging 10.1 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.91 blocks per game this season. He is ninth in the league in blocks and fifth in field goal percentage at .562. Denver will also be without forward Wilson Chandler due to a left groin strain.
- Without McGee starter Kosta Koufos will be relied on more to battle 7-foot-2 Roy Hibbert. Little-used 7-footer Timofey Mozgov could get more minutes, as could 6-11 Anthony Randolph. “I would think Timo would get some minutes, maybe Anthony Randolph.,” Nuggets coach George Karl said. “(With McGee out) we miss the ability to get four or five dunks and the ability to have a defensive force in the middle. He has six fouls to use against Hibbert if we needed.”
- The Pacers have allowed an opponent to score 100 or more only eight times in 44 games this season but it has happened in the last two games, both losses. Indiana hasn’t given up 100 in three straight games yet but against the Nuggets, who are fourth in the league in scoring, it will be a challenge Monday. “We got away from ourselves the last couple of games defensively,” Pacers coach Frank Vogel said. “We’ve been pretty strong all year with our commitment and our length and our toughness. You play great offensive teams in their buildings on the West Coast it’s always going to be a challenge.”
- Pacers guard Gerald Green is active after missing the last two games. He had been sent back to Indianapolis to get checked out by the team’s medical staff but rejoined the team in Denver.
- The Pacers signed guard Sam Young on Monday. He will join the team when it returns to Indianapolis.
– Michael Kelly