- Suns center Jermaine O’Neal will miss his fourth straight game with an irregular heartbeat.
- The Lakers learned earlier Wednesday that they’re receiving a disabled player roster exception for forward Jordan Hill, who had surgery Wednesday to remove loose fragments from his left hip and repair a torn laburm. The exception gives Los Angeles an additional $1.7 to $1.8 million in cap flexibility.
- Los Angeles has dropped seven straight on the road.
- Phoenix has won consecutive home games against the Lakers for the first time in nearly four years.
- The television cameras were several rows deep for Lakers guard Steve Nash‘s first game back in Phoenix, where he won back-to-back MVP awards for the Suns. Nash last came to the US Airways Center on April 3, 2004, while a member of the Dallas Mavericks. Nash is Phoenix’s all-time leader in assists, 3-pointers made, free-throw percentage, and is third in games played.
– Jonathan Dalton