TV: League Pass
- Warriors coach Mark Jackson, meeting with the media 90 minutes before tip, had no update on point guard Stephen Curry, who has missed two straight games due to another sprain of his right ankle. Curry did not participate in the team’s shootaround, so it seems less than likely he’ll play.
- It might not be a classic student-vs.-master matchup, but interim Phoenix coach Lindsey Hunter and Jackson have a common bond as head coaches who took over their respective teams with no previous experience in the field. The two have spoken often on the phone, especially after Hunter took over two weeks ago in the wake of Alvin Gentry‘s departure. “Mark has helped me through this whole process,” Hunter said. “I know he can’t tell me everything, but I know I’ll pick what I can from him.”
- Jackson said he hasn’t noticed center Andrew Bogut being unable to do something specific on the court since returning from a 38-game absence while rehabbing his surgically repaired left ankle. But the playing-time limitation remains in place, so expect to see roughly 24 minutes from Bogut tonight.
- Barring a late scratch, this should be center Marcin Gortat‘s 125th consecutive start for the Suns.
- The Warriors are celebrating “Social Media Night” at Oracle Arena tonight, so Jackson (@JacksonMark13) was asked to name his favorite person to follow on Twitter. “Does my wife count?” Jackson said with a grin.
– Geoff Lepper