TV: League Pass
- The Orlando Magic are going to be extremely short-handed for Monday’s game against the 76ers. The Magic will be without guards Jameer Nelson (left forearm contusion), J.J. Redick (sore right shoulder) and Arron Afflalo (strained left calf) along with forwards Glen Davis (fractured left foot), Al Harrington (right knee) and DeQuan Jones (sore left foot).
- Orlando’s reshaped starting lineup includes Ish Smith and E’Twaun Moore at guard, Maurice Harkless and Josh McRoberts at forward and Nikola Vucevic at center.
- When the Magic fail to reach the 90-point mark, they’re 0-14 this season.
- Sixers guard Jason Richardson will miss his sixth consecutive game with left knee synovitis. Coach Doug Collins said that Richardson was in search of a third opinion on his balky knee. “He’s probably going to be out for a while,” Collins said.
- Injured Sixers center Andrew Bynum met with reporters about 30 minutes before tip-off. Bynum has missed the entire season with bilateral bone bruises on both knees. But Bynum said he is hoping to play his first game this month. “Not a specific target, but February is the target,” Bynum said. He added that an official practice date hasn’t been set and he is anxious to make his debut for the Sixers. “I just want my first game to come,” Bynum said. “I definitely won’t be nervous.”
- The Sixers are currently 3-1 on this season-long eight-game homestand, their longest since 1986.
– Andy Jasner