TV: League Pass
- Blake Griffin will miss a second straight game for the Clippers with a strained left hamstring, and Chris Paul will miss his ninth straight game with a bruised right kneecap.
- For the Magic, Jameer Nelson will start after missing two games with a left forearm contusion. J.J. Redick will sit out a second straight game with a sore right shoulder and Arron Afflalo will miss his sixth straight game with strained left calf. DeQuan Jones, who has a sore left foot, participated in the shootaround and is listed as questionable.
- This is the fifth game of the Clippers’ eight-game “Grammy” road trip. They have lost three straight, and coach Vinny Del Negro believes the problem goes beyond missing Paul and Griffin. “We’ve struggled with turnovers, and we’ve not been able to finish off games in the fourth quarter,” Del Negro said.
- This is the Magic’s second 10-game losing streak of the season; the first one ended with a win in Los Angeles against the Clippers, who were then healthy. They have lost 21 of 23 and struggled to score 61 points Monday night at Philadelphia. “I truly believe you learn a lot about individuals in times of adversity, when things aren’t going great,” said coach Jacque Vaughn. ” I had no pre-conceived notions at the beginning of the year about guys who were going to be part of this team, so it’s been a learning experience and a great evaluation process for me.”
- Clippers lineup: Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, DeAndre Jordan, Willie Green, Eric Bledsoe.
- Magic lineup: Maurice Harkless, Andrew Nicholson, Nik Vucevic, Nelson, E’Twaun Moore.
– Dick Scanlon