- The Heat will be without center Chris Bosh and guard Ray Allen, who are both suffering from the flu. It is the second straight game Bosh has missed.
- Despite missing the morning shootaround because of flu-like symptoms, guard Dwyane Wade will play.
- Miami will use the same starting lineup from Wednesday, with Udonis Haslem moving to center and Shane Battier playing power forward. LeBron James and Mario Chalmers are the other starters.
- Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Jamal Crawford and Chauncey Billups are back in uniform after being out with injuries. Crawford missed Wednesday’s game against the Magic with a sore shoulder while Paul and Griffin are back from knee and hamstring injuries. After being sideline with an Achilles injury, this is Billups’ first action of the season since Dec. 3.
- The Heat signed forward Chris Andersen for the remainder of the season.
- Former Heat center Ronny Turiaf, now with the Clippers, will receive his championship ring before the game.