TV: NBA TV
- The Bulls will be without starting point guard Kirk Hinrich for the seventh straight game tonight, as he continues to recover from a sore right elbow. Head coach Tom Thibodeau is optimistic however that the veteran guard will be able to return to the Bulls lineup after the All-Star Break. Nate Robinson will start again in Hinrich’s place against Boston.
- Joakim Noah will play against the Celtics tonight, despite battling a case of plantar fasciitis in his right foot which sidelined him for three games. The center was adamant before the game he was feeling better however and is “excited” to play Boston.
- The Celtics announced before the game All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo underwent successful surgery on his torn ACL yesterday in Florida. The operation was performed by Dr. James Andrews. Rondo is aiming to return for the start of training camp next season.
- Boston will be down to 10 active players on the roster tonight, with Leandro Barbosa sidelined now for the season after tearing his left ACL. With just three natural guards on the roster, Rivers is unsure when the team will be able to add players to the roster. “Barbosa was our wildcard. You knew he was going to be aggressive. As far as adding players, we just have to take our time. We don’t want to rush into anything. We’re just going to wait. Until then, we’re stretched at the guard spots to say the least,” Rivers said.
- This will be the final matchup of the regular season between Boston and Chicago. Coming into tonight, the Bulls lead the season series 2-1.
– Brian Robb