TV: League Pass
- The Knicks (32-17) are expected to start Raymond Felton, Jason Kidd, Iman Shumpert, Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler.
- If New York wins, they would improve to 8-3 in their final 11 games before the All-Star break. Head coach Mike Woodson initially said the team’s goal was to go 9-2. “I’ll still take that; we’re still at the top of our division where we want to be,” Woodson said Tuesday. “And we’ll have three or four days to get away from the game and re-think about what we gotta get done when we come back.”
- The Knicks are 19-7 at home this season where they average 102.4 points per game and hold their opponents to an average of 94.7 points.
- New York will have four players represented at the All-Star festivities, with Anthony and Chandler playing for the East, Steve Novak in the Three-Point Contest and James “Flight” White in the Dunk Contest. “That’s big,” Anthony said. “Anytime you can have three, four guys representing your team for a weekend like that, that’s always big for the team, for the morale of the players, for the city.” Terrence Ross, a rookie for the Raptors, will compete against White in the Dunk Contest.
- The Raptors are expected to start Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Rudy Gay, Amir Johnson and Jonas Valanciunas.
- The Raptors (20-32) have won four of six games since acquiring Gay from Memphis. On Tuesday, he knocked down his second game-winning shot in the last three games with 4.8 seconds left, giving Toronto 109-108 victory over the Denver Nuggets (33-20) at the Air Canada Centre. Gay is averaging 22.3 points per game for the Raptors after averaging 17.2 points for Memphis. Regarding Rudy Gay coach Woodson said, “There’s not a whole lot he can’t do on the basketball floor…he’s a hell of a three in our league.”
- Seven times this season the Raptors have lost games in which they held the lead going into the fourth quarter.
- These two Atlantic Division teams have not met yet this season. The Knicks are 5-4 in Atlantic Division games and the Raptors are 1-8.
– Dan Kelly & Adam Zagoria