TV: League Pass
- The Celtics’ Kevin Garnett will sit out to rest, coach Doc Rivers said. Garnett has appeared tired since the Celtics’ 118-114 triple overtime win over the Nuggets on Feb. 10, Rivers said. “He didn’t put up a fight at all,” Rivers said. “That shows you we probably were a game or two too late.” Rivers said he’d always planned to rest Garnett a game or two; he’ll go by what he sees with other older players, including Paul Pierce.
- Kendall Marshall would seem to have the Suns’ backup point guard role alone now that Sebastian Telfair has been traded to Toronto. But coach Lindsey Hunter said he has told the first-round draft pick, who has struggled at times, that he won’t hesitate to play Diante Garrett if Marshall fails to do the job.
- The Suns now can claim the only two pair of twin teammates in NBA history. They traded for Marcus Morris, brother of Markieff. Marcus is on hand but likely won’t play until he can get a practice in with his new teammates, Hunter said. The first twins: Dick and Tom Van Arsdale, who played their final NBA season together for the Suns in 1976-77. They turned 70 years old Friday.
- The Celtics are 8-3 since the season-ending injury to Rajon Rondo.
- The Suns have gone 5-5 in their last 10 games vs. the C’s, including wins in four of the past six games.
– Mike Tulumello