TV: League Pass
- The Hornets’ Anthony Davis has been getting more and more comfortable in his transition from the college game to the NBA game, averaging 15.6 points and 8.8 rebounds per game over the past five. But tonight against Brooklyn, coach Monty Williams said he’ll be a bit undersized at 6-foot-10, 220 pounds. The Nets will likely use forward Reggie Evans (6-8, 245 pounds) and Brook Lopez (7-0, 265 pounds) to offset Davis. “Anthony is a bit slight when it comes to playing against Reggie and Brook so one thing you may try to do is keep him away from those guys so he doesn’t get cracked as much,” Williams said. “He has got to use his speed tonight to try and stay away from those guys as best he can.”
- New Orleans forward Ryan Anderson said the team needs to try and push the tempo to take advantage of his and Davis’ ability to run down the floor. “It makes it really difficult for teams to guard us because we have so many different options, especially in the fast break, we’re pretty deadly because obviously we have big guys that can run the court,” Anderson said.
- Expected Hornets starters: (F) Al-Farouq Aminu; (F) Davis; (C) Robin Lopez; (G) Eric Gordon; (G) Greivis Vasquez
- Brooklyn guard Joe Johnson will be a game-time decision, coach P.J. Carlesimo said. If he’s able to play, he’ll get the start. Carlesimo was unsure whether the guard would be limited or not, but said if he gets the green light, it’s likely that he’ll be able to play until he begins to hurt. Johnson has a sore left heel and has been inactive the past two games.
- Carlesimo isn’t concerned that Brook Lopez will play any differently because he’s playing against his brother Robin. “I think he’ll play very well,” he said. “Playing against your brother has got to be different. That’s kind of a unique situation. But I think he’ll play very well. I expect him to play the way Brook has played all year.” Brook Lopez has averaged 18.7 points and 7.2 rebounds per game this season.
- Expected Nets starters: (F) Gerald Wallace; (F) Evans; (C) Brook Lopez; (G) C.J. Watson; (G) Deron Williams
– Bradley Handwerger