- Carmelo Anthony has a stomach virus but will play. Pablo Prigioni (back spasms) will also play.
- Former Knick David Lee was suspended for the game because of his involvement in Tuesday’s skirmish with the Pacers; Draymond Green will start in his place. Lee leads the NBA with 21 games of 20-plus points and 10-plus rebounds. Roy Hibbert of Indiana was also suspended one game, and Golden State’s Klay Thompson and Steph Curry were fined $35,000 apiece, as was Lance Stephenson of Indiana. “Very surprised,” Warriors coach Mark Jackson said. “Didn’t think he deserved it. The league made a decision, we didn’t agree with it. Still deciding who I’m going to start, but I do not agree with the decision.”
- Jackson returns to New York, where he played both with the Knicks and St. John’s. “This is something I dreamt about,” he said. “This is a special place and it was part of my dreams as a kid. To have that opportunity to fulfill those dreams as a player, announcer and now as a coach, it makes it even more special. It’s an incredible blessing.”
- Curry is first in the NBA in 3-pointers (166, 44.6 percent) and Thompson is third (144, 38.7 percent).
- The Knicks announced on Wednesday that new X-rays to Rasheed Wallace’s left foot showed progression to a fractured left fifth metatarsal, otherwise known as a Jones fracture. Surgery is scheduled for this week and recovery time is approximately eight weeks. “It’s a setback,” Knicks coach Mike Woodson said. “He’s just gotta have the surgery and go from there.” He added: “It’s a blow I’m sure for him mentally because he wanted to play.” That timetable means Wallace’s regular season is over, but he will be kept on the roster in the hopes that he could return for a first-round playoff series.Wallace has been sidelined since Dec. 13, but had played well before the injury, averaging 7.2 points and 4.2 rebounds in 14.6 minutes per game over 20 games. Wallace came out a two-year retirement, signing with the Knicks on Oct. 3 for one year and the veteran’s minimum of roughly $1.35 million. For his career, Wallace has averaged 14.4 points and 6.7 rebounds across 16 seasons.
- Woodson said there was a “possibility” that Kenyon Martin could debut tonight in the frontcourt. He also said Marcus Camby (plantar fasciitis) will be back soon. “Marcus is on the mend,” he said. “Marcus is close.”
- Woodson said Amar’e Stoudemire is limited to 30 minutes per game, but believes that can help extend Stoudemire’s career. “He knows that I think a lot of things can be done in 30 minutes,” Woodson said Tusday. “That’s a lot of time throughout the course of a game. It’s a matter of what he brings and he what he does on a night-in, night-out basis. I’m ecstatic and I’m happy because I think this can really prolong him and it helps us in the long run, too.”
- The Knicks (33-20) are currently in third place in the East, one game behind Indiana and one and 1/2 games ahead of Brooklyn. Golden State (33-24) is in sixth place in the West.
– Adam Zagoria