TV: League Pass
- It appears the Kings are close to buying out the contract of Aaron Brooks. Brooks is in the second year of a two-year, $6.6 million contract. Kings coach Keith Smart only would say Brooks is not with the team in San Antonio tonight.
- Gary Neal (left calf tightness) will miss his third straight game tonight for the Spurs and is likely to be out Sunday against Detroit.
- Stephen Jackson (right ankle sprain) also won’t play for the Spurs (45-14) after being injured in the first half Wednesday in the home overtime loss to Phoenix.
- Boris Diaw (back lower strain) won’t play tonight for San Antonio. “He’ll be out for a couple of games for sure,” coach Gregg Popovich said.
- Cole Aldrich, the center acquired from Houston in last week’s six-player trade, still has not joined the Kings (20-39) while unspecified medical tests are being done in Sacramento. When asked if it was serious (Aldrich has not played in the four games since coming over in the trade with Houston), Smart said, “I play a doctor on TV, but I’ll just wait and deal with the basketball side.”
- The Spurs have called up point guard Cory Joseph from the D-League Austin Toros. After playing last night for the Toros, Aron Baynes is back in San Antonio and could see action with Diaw sitting.
– Tim Price