TV: League Pass
- Thunder mainstays Serge Ibaka (cuts above both eyes) and Nick Collison (bruised groin) have been banged around lately. Ibaka practiced yesterday but Collison did not. Each will play tonight.
- Former Thunder backup point guard Eric Maynor makes his first return to Oklahoma City since being sent to the Blazers at the trade deadline. Maynor had lost his minutes to Reggie Jackson in OKC but he’s gotten playing time in Portland behind Damian Lillard. In 14 games with his new team Maynor is averaging 7.1 points and 3.6 assists while shooting 43.8 percent. “It’ll be a little different, he’s got a nice role on their team,” said Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook about facing his former teammate. “I’m looking forward to it, should be fun.”
- OKC has generally been an outstanding 3-point shooting team all season and is still among the league leaders (fifth) averaging 37.7 percent, but over the last four games the Thunder are shooting just 18.8 percent (16-for-85) on threes.
- Oklahoma City has won the first two games of this season’s series, 106-92 in OKC on November 2nd and 87-83 in Portland on January 13th. In that November game The Thunder blocked 10 shots (the most by any Blazers opponent this season) and OKC had just two steals (the fewest by any Portland opponent).
- Trail Blazers guard Wesley Matthews is 6-for-8 on 3-pointers this season in games within three points or less with one minute or less remaining. His six made 3-pointers in those situations lead the NBA.
– Randy Renner