- Dwyane Wade will sit out again as the Heat go for their 27th straight victory. Wade did not play Sunday in a 109-77 win against Charlotte, and coach Erik Spoelstra said the situation has not changed with the bursa sac bruise above Wade’s right knee. “Deep bruises can turn into something more from playing through it,” said Spoelstra. “The way he was, and he plays a physical game, it’s an opportunity for us to take care of it, hopefully right now, and we’ll re-evaluate tomorrow.”
- The Magic will play without center Nik Vucevic (concussion) and guard Arron Afflalo (torn hamstring), their leading rebounder and scorer, respectively. Vucevic had 25 points and 21 rebounds in Orlando’s 97-96 loss at Miami on March 6.
- This will be the Magic’s 23rd different starting lineup.
- Spoelstra spoke of the Heat’s streak, now seven games short of the NBA’s 41-year-old record of 33, as a distraction. “Everybody wants to think about something else,” he said. “We’re trying to improve our game; if success happens to be part of the process, we can’t be afraid of it.”
- HEAT LINEUP: LeBron James, Udonis Haslem, Chris Bosh, Mike Miller, Mario Chalmers.
- MAGIC LINEUP: Maurice Harkless, Tobias Harris, Kyle O’Quinn, E’Twaun Moore, Jameer Nelson.
– Dick Scanlon