TV: League Pass
- The Pistons will play without reserve guard Will Bynum, who has a right hand strain. Rodney Stuckey will play extended minutes as the sixth man behind starting guards Brandon Knight and Jose Calderon.
- Rookie center Andre Drummond will miss his 22nd straight game with a back injury but he is practicing and could return this weekend.
- Charlie Villanueva has played center at times in recent games but that will be more difficult because of Nikola Petkovic’s size and bulk. That could lead to playing time for rookie Slava Kravtsov, who has not played in four of the last five games.
- Minnesota is shooting a league low 29.4 percent on threes and that surprises Pistons coach Lawrence Frank. “It’s a little bit crazy because they have a bunch of guys who can make them,” he said. “It’s just been one of those years for them.”
- Timberwolves forward Derrick Williams has two 28-point games, his career high, sandwiching games in which he scored 8, 12 and 4 points. “He’s got to be consistent,” coach Rick Adelman said. “He’s getting the minutes and he’s got to be consistent night in and night out for us to have a chance to win.”