TV: League Pass
- Clippers center DeAndre Jordan is on pace to set an NBA record for field-goal percentage in a month in which a player has played in at least five games and averaged 3.7 made shots per contest. Through 11 games, Jordan is making 83 percent of his shots in the month of March, averaging 8.8 points during this span. He has gone 44-for-53 this month, adding 13 blocked shots during the stretch.
- Los Angeles’ Chris Paul will return to New Orleans tonight, playing against the franchise that drafted him and allowed him to grow. Through March 25, Paul as leading the NBA in assist-to-turnover ratio at 4.35. However, in the Clippers’ overtime loss to Dallas on Tuesday night, Paul had only five assists and seven turnovers. This season, whenever Paul has had four or more turnovers, he has followed up with no more than two turnovers and at least eight assists.
- Expected Clippers starters: (F) Caron Butler; (F) Blake Griffin; (C) Jordan; (G) Willie Green; (G) Paul
- The Hornets will again have the service of guards Greivis Vasquez and Eric Gordon, who both missed New Orleans’ Monday night win over Denver with ankle injuries. For Vasquez, it was his first game missed while with the Hornets, a span of 136 consecutive games. For Gordon, it was his 40th missed game this season alone. Coach Monty Williams said the health of the rest of the team was fine, with injuries consisting of bumps and bruises. Or, as Williams said, what everyone else is dealing with.
- New Orleans rookie guard Brian Roberts will go back to the bench tonight after getting a spot start for the Hornets against Denver. He responded Monday night with a career-high 18 assists, the most by a Hornets rookie since Darren Collison did it twice in 2010. He’s just the 20th rookie to have as many assists. But Williams said that game is in the past. “Hopefully he just puts it away and gets ready for the next game,” Williams said. “His family members and friends are calling and are happy for him, but it’s the NBA.”
- Expected Hornets starters: (F) Al-Farouq Aminu; (F) Anthony Davis; (C) Robin Lopez; (G) Eric Gordon; (G) Greivis Vasquez
– Bradley Handwerger