TV: League Pass
- Chauncey Billups will not play tonight for the Clippers because of a right groin strain. Billups was able to play 13 1/2 minutes Wednesday at New Orleans before coming out of the game. He had missed three-straight games because of the injury before that.
- Willie Green starts in place of Billups. Green is on a 10-for-16 streak shooting 3-pointers while taking over for Billups.
- Tony Parker will play tonight for the Spurs (54-17) with the right middle finger sprain he suffered in the second half of Wednesday’s victory over the Denver Nuggets. He had to come out of the game at that point (he returned to finish the fourth quarter), has gone through an X-ray and missed a practice on Thursday.
- Gary Neal remains available despite the fact he’s sat for the past four games with a tight calf muscle and plantar fasciitis. He had been averaging nine points and 20 minutes a game and is a 35.6-percent 3-point shooter.
- The Clippers announced today they have signed undrafted rookie Maalik Wayns for the remainder of the season. Wayns, out of Villanova, has averaged nine minutes in the three games he has played for L.A. after being called up from the D-League’s Rio Grande Valley. He played 21 games earlier this season for the 76ers.
- The “magic number” the Clippers need to clinch their first division title is two, so Los Angeles cannot earn the Pacific Division title tonight even with a win. Second-place Golden State does not play until Saturday night at home against Portland.
- The Clippers (49-23) can clinch their first 50-win season tonight, marking the franchise record that was set in 1974-75 when the team was known as the Buffalo Braves.
– Tim Price