TV: NBA TV
- The Hornets will be without point guard Greivis Vasquez tonight, the second time in three games this week he has missed with an ankle injury. Prior to missing Monday night’s game against Denver, Vasquez had played in 136 consecutive games for New Orleans. In his place will be guard Brian Roberts, who acclimated himself quite well. Roberts dished out 18 assists in helping lead the Hornets to the win over the Nuggets. Hornets coach Monty Williams isn’t worried about Roberts. “We’re not expecting him to be anything other than what he has been – he has been solid for us most of the year,” Williams said.
- Tonight will be the final of a rough three-game stretch for New Orleans. Prior to Monday, they were facing teams that had won a combined 43 consecutive games. On Monday, New Orleans ended Denver’s 15-game win streak with a 24-point win. Two nights later, the Hornets fell to the Clippers by 14 points. And now New Orleans gets Miami in the first game after the Heat’s 27-game win streak was snapped.
- Expected Hornets starters: (F) Al-Farouq Aminu; (F) Ryan Anderson; (C) Robin Lopez; (G) Eric Gordon; (G) Roberts
- Heat guard Mario Chalmers is out tonight against the Hornets with a right ankle sprain, his first missed game this season. Guard Mike Miller will start in Chalmers’ place. In 48 games this season, Millers is averaging only 3.2 points and 1.2 assists per game, or 8.1 points and 2.2 assists fewer per game than Chalmers.
- Miami’s Chris Andersen returns to New Orleans, where he played for three seasons between 2005 and 2008. A fan favorite in New Orleans, the “Birdman” has helped Miami to a 29-2 record as a key reserve providing energy minutes and a big inside presence. Andersen is one offensive rebound from 900 for his career and three blocks from 800. In the past three games, Andersen has averaged 5.7 points and three rebounds and has blocked five shots.
- Expected Heat starters: (F) LeBron James; (F) Udonis Haslem; (C) Chris Bosh; (G) Dwyane Wade; (G) Miller
- Bradley Handwerger