TV: League Pass
- Milwaukee might be headed to the playoffs for the first time in three seasons, but they are currently moving the wrong direction. The Bucks have dropped three straight, 10 of their last 13 and have lost eight straight on the road. Charlotte on the other hand is trying to avoid ending the season with the league’s worst record for the second straight year. The Bobcats are a game behind division rival Orlando for that dubious distinction.
- The Bucks will most likely be without both Brandon Jennings (Sore left Achilles) and Larry Sanders (Sore lower back). Both players sat out of Milwaukee’s 109-104 loss in Atlanta Friday night and with the Bucks locked in as the No. 8 seed when the playoffs start there is no reason for either to see action in a game where the stakes don’t matter especially in light of Kobe Bryant‘s injury Friday.
- Monta Ellis is planning to opt out of the final year of his contract according to Gary Woelfel of The Journal Times. Ellis leads the Bucks in scoring at 19.3 points, which ranks him 11th in the league, and in assists with 6.2. If Ellis does opt out this summer he would forego an $11 million dollar option next season to test the waters of free agency.
- One of the Bobcats’ keys to the win Saturday night will be defending the three-point shot. Charlotte is 29th in three-point field goal defense(30.9 percent) and last in giving up three pointers (8.7/per game) and face a capable Bucks’ squad. Milwaukee hit a season-high 17 three-pointers off 33 attempts Friday in Atlanta behind six threes from Ersan Ilyasova and five from Monta Ellis.
- Kemba Walker is coming off a 28-point outburst Friday night in Detroit and is averaging 20.7 points against the Bucks this season. He had 27 in the team’s last meeting and will be a key focal point for the Bobcats this evening.
- Bobcats Starters: Michael Kidd Gilchrist, Josh McRoberts, Bismack Biyombo, Gerald Henderson, Kemba Walker. Bobcats injuries: DeSagana Diop (Right knee soreness/Out); Brendan Haywood (Stress reaction, left foot/Out); Ramon Sessions (MCL sprain, left knee/Out); Byron Mullens (Left ankle soreness/Out).
- Bucks Starters: Luc Mbah a Moute, Ersan Ilyasova, John Henson, J.J. Redick, Monta Ellis. Bucks injuries: Marquis Daniels (Right lower leg pain/Questionable); Brandon Jennings (Sore left achilles/Doubtful), Larry Sanders (Sore lower back/Doubtful).
– Derek Smith