- With nobody on the Nets’ injury list, interim coach P.J. Carlesimo noted that the Nets were, “as healthy as we’ve been a long time.”
- Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said that Taj Gibson (left knee) would play and that the team would take a wait-and-see approach with Joakim Noah (right foot). If Noah goes through warm-ups well, he could start, although Thibodeau said there would be “some restrictions” on him if he played. Carlesimo said the Nets would play the same way regardless of whether or not Noah played. Thibodeau noted that the problem with Noah’s foot wasn’t pain during the game, but next-day soreness.
- Asked if Derrick Rose would play, Thibodeau said, “I guess there’s always a chance.” Thibodeau said that Rose, whose game is predicated on explosive athleticism and cutting, needs to be able to take the final step in fully coming back.
- Carlesimo called Game 1 a wildcard because there wasn’t a previous playoff game to react to.
- Nets swingman Jerry Stackhouse smiled when asked if he was singing the National Anthem. “I heard a rumor like that was going on,” he said.