- As expected, Heat guard Dwyane Wade is in the starting lineup. Wade had no setbacks on his sore right knee after practicing every day in between series.
- Heat coach Erik Spolestra waited until pre-game to announce Udonis Haslem would start at power forward. There was debate the choice would be Shane Battier, who could help the Heat spread the floor and possibly bring Pacers center Roy Hibbert out of the paint more. Still, Battier is expected to log the majority of the minutes. Haslem said he will likely play “17 to 18″ minutes.
- Pacers forward David West said after the morning shootaround that he will spend more time than Hibbert guarding Heat center Chris Bosh. Hibbert will split his defensive duties between Bosh and Haslem.
- Indiana forward Paul George said he looks at this as his opportunity to show he is one of the league’s elite players. He will primarily square off against LeBron James after facing New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony in the previous series. George said, “I don’t want to shy away from this moment.”
- Backup center Ian Mahinmi is the only Pacer to play in the Eastern Conference Finals. He was a member of the Dallas Mavericks team that beat the Heat in the 2011 NBA Finals.