TV: League Pass
- Bobcats Center Al Jefferson will not play due to a right ankle sprain. “From what I understand is, with the injury that he had and the severity of the sprain, he has a bone bruise on the other side of his foot, which can be sore,” said coach Steve Clifford. “That will take six to eight weeks to fully heal.” Jefferson’s absence will impact the Bobcats’ play according to Clifford, but the team has options. “It is significant. Obviously with our planning, so much of what we are planning to do revolves around him, but again, we have enough.”
- Bismack Biyombo will start at center in place of Jefferson. Also out for the Bobcats is Brendan Haywood due to a left foot stress fracture
- Cleveland Cavaliers Center Andrew Bynum is expected to play limited minutes tonight, despite a nagging knee injury. “If he doesn’t feel good and he doesn’t look good, then he won’t (play), but I don’t anticipate that happening,” said coach Mike Brown.
- Carrick Felix will not play due to a mild sports hernia.
- The Bobcats defense broke form Wednesday night, allowing a Houston Rockets offense to score 96 points after averaging just under 90 points per game allowed during the preseason.
- Josh McRoberts led the Bobcats in scoring against Houston, with 15 points. McRoberts scored a career high 20 points April 17, 2013 against Cleveland when the Bobcats beat the Cavaliers 105-98.
– William Dannelly