TV: League Pass
- After 1,391 games as a player (sixth all-time in the NBA), Jason Kidd will coach his first game, having sat out the Nets’ first two games serving a league suspension.
- Asked what he expected to be his biggest challenge, Kidd said: ”The way this team is built — and I’m very fortunate to have great guys — just understanding different combinations because we have a lot of different ways we can go. But (to) understand that it’s a marathon, and that I don’t want to run guys’ minutes up over 35, 36 a night, and to be able to use that depth. Sometimes you can get focused on just leaving that group out there, and maybe leave ‘em out too long.”
- Magic forward Tobias Harris remains out with a sprained left ankle.
- Glen Davis, who has had two operations on his left foot since he last played in January, has returned to practice but only on a non-contact level, according to Magic coach Jacque Vaughn. No timetable has been set for the return of Davis.
- Nets backup center Andray Blatche will play the game $15,000 lighter in the wallet, having been fined for making an obscene gesture with 2:40 remaining in Friday night’s win against Miami.
- Brooklyn won all four meetings last season, holding Orlando to 76.3 points per game.
- NETS LINEUP: Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Brook Lopez, Joe Johnson, Deron Williams.
- MAGIC LINEUP: Maurice Harkless, Jason Maxiel, Nikola Vucevic, Arron Afflalo, Jameer Nelson.
– Dick Scanlon