TV: League Pass
- Cavaliers center Andrew Bynum (left and right knee surgery) will play and continue to come off the bench. The 7-footer sat out Cleveland’s last contest as the team manages his recovery from bilateral arthroscopic surgery on both knees. In two games, Bynum is averaging 4.0 points and 3.0 rebounds in 9.2 minutes. “Andrew has responded well to everything so far, but we’re literally taking it one day at a time,” coach Mike Brown said. “Obviously, we have a long-term approach with him.”
- Timberwolves power forward Kevin Love leads the NBA in scoring (29.7) and is second in the league in rebounding (14.7). Earlier in the day, he was named the Western Conference Player of the Week for the first time in his career after powering Minnesota to a 3-0 start. “I’ll take a 3-0 start over any individual honor,” Love said. “But it’s cool. It just shows that if you win, good things happen for everybody.”
- Cavaliers power forward Anthony Bennett — the No. 1 overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft — has missed all 12 of his field goal attempts over the first three games. The Nevada-Las Vegas product has two points and six fouls in 40 minutes as a pro. “I told him to just go out there and have fun and be the animal you were in college,” Brown said. “All Anthony needs to do is relax.”
- The Timberwolves’ starting lineup is point guard Ricky Rubio, shooting guard Kevin Martin, small forward Corey Brewer, Love, and center Nikola Pekovic. Minnesota is one of four unbeaten teams in the league, along with Houston, Indiana, and Philadelphia.
- Starting for the Cavaliers are All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving, shooting guard Dion Waiters, small forward Earl Clark, power forward Tristan Thompson, and center Anderson Varejao. Cleveland has the NBA’s lowest-scoring offense at 85.3 points per game.
- Minnesota’s inactives are small forward Chase Budinger (left knee surgery) and center Ronny Turiaf (right elbow fracture). Not in uniform for Cleveland are shooting guard Carrick Felix (sports hernia) and rookie point guard Matthew Dellavedova.
– Brian Dulik