TV: League Pass
- The Clippers open a three-game road trip as the NBA’s highest-scoring team, averaging 119 points per game after dropping 137 on the Houston Rockets. “I’m all for it, and you can see the scoring [potential] in us,” said Clippers coach Doc Rivers. “We absolutely have to be a better defensive team than we’ve been for four games, but we also can be a better offensive team, in my opinion.”
- Forward Matt Barnes (calf injury) will not play for the Clippers tonight and might not be able to play Thursday at Miami.
- The ankle injury of Tobias Harris has taken longer than expected to heal. The Magic forward is not yet cutting on his left foot. “Tobias is still out indefinitely,” said coach Jacque Vaughn.
- Chris Paul and J.J. Redick, the Clippers’ starting guards, have combined for 63 assists and only 14 turnovers. ”I think when [Redick] came into the league, everyone looked at him as a shooter, and no one realized how good he was at pick and rolls and how he made decisions,” Rivers observed. “I didn’t realize how tough he is defensively; he has to fight every night on defense.”
- CLIPPERS LINEUP: Jared Dudley, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, J.J. Redick, Chris Paul.
- MAGIC LINEUP: Maurice Harkless, Jason Maxiel, Nik Vucevic, Arron Afflalo, Jameer Nelson.
– Dick Scanlon