- Clippers forward Matt Barnes, who was ejected after shoving Thunder forward Serge Ibaka in their game last week, is not with the team tonight. He’s back home nursing a left eye contusion.
- Ibaka also was ejected that night after getting tangled up with Clippers power forward Blake Griffin. Those two have gotten into shouting and shoving incidents before and with that in mind will Thunder head coach Scott Brooks caution his guys about not getting into anything? “I’ve never had to in the past and I don’t anticipate doing that,” Brooks said. “We know the focus has to be on the court. Guys will say things, but it doesn’t mean nothin’. You have to man-up every night in this league and the guys who talk are mostly guys that don’t have the game to speak for itself.”
- The Clippers have won five of their last six games after knocking off Minnesota last night 102-98. Point guard Chris Paul surpassed “Magic” Johnson’s record of 11 straight games of double-digit points and assists to start a season with his 20 points and 11 assists last night.
- With their win last night at Minnesota when the T-Wolves shot just 37.8 percent the Clippers are now 31-0 since the start of last season when holding a team to 42 percent or worse shooting. Over that same time span Oklahoma City is 39-1 when holding a team to no better than 42 percent shooting.
- A lot of star power in OKC tonight, not only on the court but in the seats too. Music superstars Jay-Z and Beyoncé will sit courtside and so will ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit who is in Oklahoma for Saturday night’s Oklahoma State-Baylor football game.
– Randy Renner