TV: NBA TV
- Tyreke Evans makes his return to Sacramento tonight. The 2009 NBA Rookie of the Year left the Kings via trade this summer after four seasons with the team that drafted him out of the University of Memphis. “He went through a lot of ups and downs here,” coach Monty Williams said. “He won the Rookie of the Year here, but never really won anything to compliment that. And that’s what he’s dying for, is to be a part of a winner and that’s what we want.”
- “Anthony Davis is just the future of the NBA. A skilled shot-blocker. A defensive presence. Leads the league in blocks right now. Very skilled offensively.” – Michael Malone with high praise for the Pelicans big man
- The Pelicans are finishing a five game west coast road trip and are still looking for their first win. “My mind is on getting a win tonight,” coach Williams said. “I’ll see my family when I see them. They understand the situation and our players understand that.”
- Sacramento was in a similar situation last time out. After losing three straight to begin their east coast road trip, they pulled out a 105-100 win in Orlando over the Magic.
- Forward Jason Smith is listed as day-to-day with a right knee bone bruise, but coach Williams said he would probably not go tonight against the Kings.
– James Ham