TV: League Pass
- Arron Afflalo returns to the Orlando lineup after missing there games with a strained right foot. Coach Jacque Vaughn said the Magic’s leading scorer (20.8 points per game) “probably won’t play his normal minutes.” Afflalo’s 37.6 minutes per game ranks eighth in the NBA.
- Magic guard Ronnie Price is out with a sprained right foot, and center Nikola Vucevic will miss a sixth straight game after sustaining a concussion.
- The Magic have lost nine straight, including Monday night’s triple-overtime game against Chicago in which rookie Victor Oladipo scored 35 points in 57 minutes, the most by an NBA rookie in almost 60 years.
- Known more for his athleticism and defensive prowess, Oladipo said it was the most points he has ever scored in a basketball game at any level. “Part of the reason we liked him so much is that he’s just scratching the surface of all the things he’s able to do,” Vaughn said. “This is just another level for him, of being able to be extremely confident on the offensive end of the floor.”
- The Magic’s 92-83 win at Charlotte on Dec. 11 was accomplished largely because they held Bobcats center Al Jefferson to 10 points in 34 minutes. Running a second defender at Jefferson was no small factor, said Bobcats coach Steve Clifford. “When that happens, they’re committing a second defender and opening up an area before he gets the ball,” Clifford said. “It’s not easy but you have to be able to take advantage of that.”
- BOBCATS LINEUP: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Josh McRoberts, Jefferson, Gerald Henderson, Kemba Walker.
- MAGIC LINEUP: Tobias Harris, Afflalo, Glen Davis, Victor Oladipo, Jameer Nelson..
– Dick Scanlon